Installation / Setup Guides
From LetsRobot.tv Wiki
Installing the Operating System
- Download Raspbian
- Unzip raspbian
- Insert SD card into your computer
- Use disk imaging tool to write raspbian image file to your SD card (Installation guide has good info on this part.)
Installing robot control and video scripts
- Go to http://letsrobot.tv and create an account
- Use the connect your robot link on letsrobot.tv, stay on this page you will need your RobotID and CameraID for next steps.
- Once Rasbian is up and running open terminal
- Use the following command to auto install all requirements. sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/runmyrobot/runmyrobot/master/scripts/install.sh -O /tmp/install.sh && bash /tmp/install.sh
Bringing your bot to life
- If you used the auto installer script a crontab entry was made to auto-start connection at every reboot. This can be disabled by opening terminal, running crontab -e, and then removing the entry.
- If you installed the software manually, customize the start_robot script in /runmyrobot/scripts to streamline starting everything up.